Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card
    Yogpet Name: Sawizerd
    Blood-line: Nilesy
    Base Element type: Magic

The Dubiously Dynamic Duo That Don't Do Daring

Post by Cypriss on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Cypriss' orange and yellow scarf blew out in the wind. He adjusted his goggles a bit before planting his hands on his side. Of course he was annoyed, when it came to him and Sawizerd it seemed like they were always arguing over something. He loved Sawizerd, but the little guy had a lot of troll in him. But this time it wasn't Sawizerd's trolling they were arguing about, it was something else entirely.

"Come on! Let's go to the fighting area! Let's kick some butt!" Cypriss said, encouraging the little guy to at least TRY.

"Saaaa~ wiiii~"Sawizerd said with boredom..

Cypriss knew it went deeper than that, though.. This little guy had been beaten up badly in a previous incident.. Since then Cypriss had resolved to help his little guy get stronger. He'd signed him up for daycare lessons and now he was trying to go do a sanctioned fight. Yeah, he really wanted to do his best to help the little guy get tough enough to stand up to any foe.. there was just one problem. A rather huge one, Sawizerd was completely scared of fighting.

Sawizerd tried not to act scared, he was aloof and calm.. but Cypriss knew at night Sawizerd got scared and moaned out little whimpers. Cypriss had been scared back then too.. But it wasn't going to beat the two of them! Cypriss wanted to push Sawizerd past his fears and back into the pilot's seat! If he didn't then Sawizerd would never fully recover..

Still... how could he convince him? Ah.. well if Cypriss introduced Sawizerd to another creature like him then maybe Sawizerd would realize they aren't ALL bad? Then he'd be less scared, right? But finding another trainer was no easy task. I mean it's not like you're just going to RANDOMLY run into another team wandering around the same area, right? HAH! As if life were so kind as to meet your every whim and need like that!
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card
    Yogpet Name: Ruben
    Blood-line: HybridPanda
    Base Element type: Mind

Re: The Dubiously Dynamic Duo That Don't Do Daring

Post by Pan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 pm

In a tree nearby, hidden in the foliage, Pan watched curiously.

"What do you think, Ru?"

Beside her, a Panpup watched, flicking his ears intently. This was her way of training him, in the field she knew best - spying and gathering intel. Ruben was highly intelligent, having mastered basic speech in barely a few days, but therefore suffered in other areas, so Pan tried her best to find something suited to his skills.

"Non-hostile..." Ruben muttered, flicking his ears and straining to get more of the conversation.

"Approachable?"

"With caution." Ruben confirmed. Pan smiled gently, letting pride get the better of her, before taking him in her arms and leaping out of the tree into full view of the others.
    Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Cypriss on Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:57 pm

Cypriss turned and looked to the new arrivals.. Wait.. what?! Wait, wot?! He was stunned! Actual real-live others! He had the luck of a legend! This was great! He turned to Sawizerd with a broad smile, however his smile faltered as soon as he saw Sawizerd. Sawizerd was shaking slightly but it was barely noticeable. He had a glowering scowl.

"A coupla mother hubbards spoiling for a fight? Goddamn noobs!" Sawizerd said bouncing around trying to look aggressive, despite the fact that his wizard hat was falling into his eyes so he had to roll around and fix it.

"Sawizerd..." Cypriss said as he facepalmed hard. "These are just regular people.. chill out.." Cypriss said as he sighed heavily. Well, it'd be a lie to say he wasn't worried at all. But if he showed his fears then Sawizerd would get even more worried and things might go badly.. He didn't know what he'd do if Sawizerd ended up causing a fight and getting hurt on accident...

Wait.. Sawizerd talked! "Hey! You used whole sentences! I knew you could talk!"

"Sawizerd!" Sawizaerd said cheerfully, blissfully ignorant.

"Eh.. huh..? Can you or can't you?! Stop trolling me you little asshole!!" Cypriss spat out in increasing annoyance. "Sometimes I wish I'd left your egg in a dank cave! Or made an omlette!"

"Goddamn noob!" Sawizerd said with a twitch of annoyance.

The two paused and looked to the others..

"Er... Uh.. hahah.. ju.. just kidding! This is a.. routine.. we do.."

Sawizerd looked to Cypriss incredulously. "Goddamn noob."
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 pm

"'Goddamn noob?'" Pan let a smirk creep onto her face as she let go of Ruben, dropping her hood to show her face, her purple bangs bouncing slightly now they weren't held back by the hood. Ruben landed surprisingly gracefully next to her, and sported a similar smirk.

"Heh, typical of a Nilesy Line pup. So damn rude." Ruben grinned cheekily.

"Nilesy Line, huh?" Pan put a finger on her lips, thinking for a moment. "Aren't they the prey of most lines?"

"Most."
    Ruben's grin faulted and he lowered his voice, "They're meant to be easy allies with Panda lines... something must be wrong."
    Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Cypriss on Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:32 pm

"Prey..? Panda?" Sawizerd yelped.

"Pandas are just cute little bears.. Prey means your food, bub."

"i'm not food!" He yelped.

"Pfft, baahaha!" Cypris laughed loudly as he turned to the others, placing his hands on his sides as he shrugged. "Panda line.. Nilesy line.. I don't really get it, but if it means you guys should get along then it's fine with me." Cypriss said looking to Sawizerd. Was he related to Nilesy in some way... That would explain a few things. Like mother hubbard and the goddamn noob line.. But what was the relationship, exactly? Well it wasn't extremely relevant right now.. What was more important was getting his friend to make another new friend.

"Listen.. Sawizerd. This little guy is nice to you.. you and him are like.. destined buddies! So you should be nicer!"

Sawizerd eyed Cypriss warily before looking to the tiny little guy. He closed his eyes. "Sawizerd!!!"

No dice yet, huh? Well, Cypriss would start it off. "I'm Cypriss, and this is Sawizerd. We're partners. I found Sawizerd a week ago, since then we've been searching for others like us..." He said opening up the exchange. Since Sawizerd was too damn scared to do it, then Cypriss would have to man up and take charge. Maybe if things worked out it'd help everyone here. Cypriss would have a new ally that knows about the yogpets, Sawizerd would be less scared and the other two would gain.... well, a pain in the neck. Okay so it was really only a win for Cypriss and Sawizerd.
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Pan smiled genuinely this time, and took a slight bow.

"My name is Panara, but you may call me Pan. This is my partner, Ruben, descendant of the Hybrid Panda Bloodline."

Ruben did a little bow also, though it wasn't so impressive in his pup state. He lifted his head, unable to contain his excitement, "Me an' Pan are trying to learn about every pet and be experts on it, like professors or somethin'!"

Pan tried not to laugh, covering her mouth a little to whisper to her partner, "You're messing up your pronunciation again, squirt." He blushed a little, flustered. Pan turned back to Cypris, "So, what now? I take it you had some plan for when you actually did meet someone?"

((I have to go to bed soon, sorry about that!))
    Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Cypriss on Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:40 pm

"Oh! Yeah! I had notes!" Cypriss said as he took out a tiny notepad from his pocket. He flipped it open and turned several pages. "Uh... How did you get yours? Do you know why you were chosen.?" He said as he looked to the other person. She was the first fresh face he'd seen in a while, he was more than a little excited. He actually had a lot more questions but he didn't want to overload her. Anything she told him might be useful... He didn't even know enough to know what he needed to learn.

Meanwhile Sawizerd was eyeing up the little guy. Sawizerd bounced around him, eyeing him up and down curiously. "Ruben.." He said as he wandered around him. The fact was he didn't know, between the two of them, who was boss! He had to establish dominance before this guy walked all over him! He stopped in front of the little panda and stuck out his tongue. "Buuuu" He said obnoxiously before bouncing up to the guy.

"A scrublord, total scrublord." He said before looking to a nearby tree. "How did even hop there.. So high..." He said before turning. "Not impressed though, goddamn noob!" He added in, trying not to let on that he WAS rather impressed. Heights like that scared Sawizerd quite a lot. .. Sawizerd's idea of establishing dominance was little more that just being an annoying prat. It's little wonder he only had one friend.
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:50 am

Pan walked over to Cypriss and sat down, making herself comfortable while watching the two pups.

"It's... odd. Everyone I've met has said they found there's in some normal way, said it hatched a certain way due to it's environment..." Pan shrugged a little before leaning back on her hands. In truth she was worried - why had her meeting been so different? "He... He fell from the sky. Like a beautiful meteor, and for some reason I was just drawn to it. The moment I found him, he hatched. Panpup's are Mind type pets, they are supposed to hatch in a learning environment or something. All I can think of is that he hatched through my sheer curiosity, but I don't know..."

Ruben took a moment to watch his partner - he sensed she was worried about something. It was a little secret they shared, their telepathic link that came and went every now and then. He turned back to Sawizerd, rolling his eyes slightly. "I didn't jump up by myself, Pan helps me. Though I do have good balance and can hop quite far." He puffed up slightly, trying to look big and cool. A mischievous grin grew on his face. "What can you do, little Sawizerd?" he teased.

((Indigo is really dark on this, I'll change to white.))
    Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Cypriss on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:31 am

"M-Me? I'm.. I'm goddamn expert! I'm Amazing! I do everything!" Sawizerd yelped incredulously.. He looked over to Cypriss.. seemed distracted. "Check it out..." Sawizerd hopped over to an area and closed his eyes, using his magic to create a small square hole..

~~~~

"Huh.. I see.." Cypriss said as he stroked his chin, pondering her response. "Hatching by exposure to something.. So I wonder why mine became a little wizard? What even is his element..?"

"Mine came through the window in my old pub." Cypriss said, interlacing his fingers behind his head. Suddenly Cypriss sniffed something. "Oh no!"

He turned and rushed over to the pups.. Another one of his pools full of mysterious yellow liquid... Cypriss facepalmed hard. "What... on Earth..."

Sawizerd grinned broadly. "Sawizerd! Gorilla pool!"

"G..Guerilla It's guerilla."

"Gorilla!"

"S-Sorry.." He said looking to Pan. "It's.. really not pee.. I think. I think it's magic.. He makes like nine of these a day. I don't even think he COULD pee that much.."
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:16 am

Pan walked over, before bursting out laughing. The little pup's 'magic' was to make a pool of pee? She composed herself, still smirking, "W-well at least he can do something magical, right? We can't workout what Ruben can do yet." She crouched down, smiling. "He likes to argue with you, huh?"

"So rude!" Ruben agreed, hopping onto Pan's shoulder and then into her hood. This was their way of travel, since Pan was much faster, but he'd been hanging out in it more regularly now.

Pan.

Her expression faultered slightly - she still wasn't used to him sometimes talking to her through her mind.

Yeah?

What if I don't get any cool powers at all? What if I'm just, like... a healer?

You will, kiddo. You will.
    Pan reached back to give him a quick pet, realising they must look weird just crouched there in silence. She stood, clearing her throat. "D'you know of any place we could eat? I'm sure the Pups will be getting peckish by now."
    Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Cypriss on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:23 pm

"eh? I heard of a cafe.. " He said recalling the one he had heard about from the Web. "let's go check it out and see if anyone else has yogs there.

"MORE yogs? " sawiz whined. "but what if they are mean? " Sawi seemed to suddenly recall the, others were there. "n-not that I'm scared of any nooblord scrublords! "
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 pm

"Nooblord Scrublords?" Ruben rolled his eyes again, "Seems to me you're lacking in vocabulary, Sawizerd." He grinned, giving the pink mage a friendly bump. "Come on, with both of us I'm sure we can be obnoxious enough to drive off any enemies."

"Cafe? Sounds good to me." Pan nodded to Cypriss, motioning for him to lead the way. "Seems like Ruben's making a real effort to get along with Sawizerd... He's normal a lot quieter. Maybe it's something to do with the whole allies thing." She glanced at Cypriss for a moment, thinking. Should she really try to ally with this guy? She'd never really gotten on with anyone before. She liked being alone, but how could that be fair on Ruben? He needed others like him to progress... maybe they could take it slow. See how things went.
    Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Cypriss on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:30 am

"Ahm' not lackin' anything!" Sawizerd said with a laugh. "Yer lacking my MLG Pro skills!" He said correcting the pup. "But yer' alright, not too bad! Not too bad!" He said with a grin.

Cypriss smiled warmly as he watched his little friend. He was finally beginning to trust the other.. It was nice, really nice, to see him begin to creep out of his 'shell'. He'd been so scared only a few moments before.. maybe things would turn around for them after this.

He looked to the girl and flashed her a broad toothy smile. "These two are hitting it off, then?" He said eagerly. He did want to believe that. "I'm really no good.. I don't think I was meant to have Sawizerd. I'm not really clever, or good at things, or tough, or smart.. Not really someone worthy of this.. But even so, even if it's a mistake... It really is fun!" He said cheerfully.

He'd been doubting himself from the start. The way they'd met.. He was never confident he'd been intended to be with Sawizerd. Now he was starting to think it was possible.. Maybe through fate or destiny or something.
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:50 am

"Hey, I'm MLG!" Ruben poked his tongue out, before laughing. "You're not too bad either. You big numbnut~" Ruben teased again.

Pan gave him a sympathetic smile and put a hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to be tough or smart to be a friend, Cypriss. You just need to care." She'd had her own doubts before, but after Ruben fell out of a tree and she saved him, she realised it wasn't about fighting or smarts. "It's all about companionship. Yeah, you may argue, but some friends do."
    Cypriss
    Lybrid

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Cypriss on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:40 am

"That's true.. and very nice of you to say." Cypriss said feeling a bit heartened to hear someone trying to cheer him on. He'd been on his own for a while, and these sorts of doubts just tended to grow and grow without him even realizing it. Before long he'd just wound up under a mountain of uncertainty...

[ooc: okay, i think your next post should make a new thread set in the cafe, so others can join too if they want!]
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:44 am

((There isn't actually a Cafe Topic yet though, and I don't want to make one since I don't own it... :/ Should we make the post in Adventure instead?))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:53 am