Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card
    Yogpet Name: Ruben
    Blood-line: HybridPanda
    Base Element type: Mind

Pan's Story

Post by Pan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Pan opened her eyes, her breathing unsteady. She stayed still for a moment, letting her breath steady slowly. It was cool in her room, under an intricately woven leaf roof which kept off the heavy rain. A light snore came from beside her, and she smiled, soothed by the presence of her companion. Ruben was sleeping soundly, which she deemed lucky since it meant he never woke before her and saw her suffering from her night terrors.

Pan's past was a dark one, and one not easily forgotten. Though she refused to let it rule her everyday life, conquering her fears triggered by an event never spoken of, it overthrew her at night and reigned terror through her uneasy slumber, and in the morning she'd have to steel herself as her fears returned. But ever since Ruben had come into her life, she hadn't been so scared.

Ruben stirred, blinking awake, and Pan petted his head gently.

"Rise and shine." She whispered softly. He grumbled something and buried back into the covers, while she got up to start cooking their breakfast.

((This will be continued in this thread, is that alright? I'm just trying to work through my writers block.))
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Re: Pan's Story

Post by Pan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:08 pm

"So, what's on the agenda today?" Ruben muttered through a mouthful of fried rice - one of his favorite foods. Pan sat crossed legged on the floor opposite him, with her own bowl of mushroom stew. She swallowed her mouthful, thinking.

"Well, we need to know more about you and your kind... and there's only one guy I know of that we can go to for information." She took another mouthful, "He's an Ex War Veteran, and now trades useful items for useful information."

"How d'you know he's gonna be of any help?"

"Well, it wouldn't hurt to try."

Once full and fed, the two set off west on a boat, following the river to a small island, void of trees, housing a simple wooden lean-to in the center.

"There's no one here!"

Pan gave a knowing smile, and pulled in her oar. Pulling out a rare gem she'd saved for such an occasion, she launched it over onto the island, and heard it land with a dull thunk against something metal. For a moment nothing happened, before the sound of pistons started up caused the water to churn, the ground pulling apart to form a thin passage way. The water poured in, and the current dragged the boat in, disappearing into a dark tunnel as the entrance closed behind them. For a few moments they rode the crashing waters in silence, before there was a light in front of them, and all of a sudden they were thrown out of the boat and onto a wooden walkway.

"T-that..." Ruben was visibly shaking, terrified, "Wasn't fun..."

Pan smiled sympathetically, kneeling up and gathering him in her arms, hushing him softly before they headed into the heart of her friend's base.

((I broke my writer's block adgshfga so proud of myself, only took me what two hours!!))
    Hiiragi Wasabi
    Lunar Knight

Yogpet Statistics Card
    Yogpet Name: Reaper
    Blood-line: Sips
    Base Element type: Lunar

Post by Hiiragi Wasabi on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:29 am

You have gained 6 INTEL for posing in this section
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:37 am

"Lone!" Pan called out, scanning the cave. Several passages lead this way and that, but Pan knew they changed. The many times she had come down here, she had taken the same route and ended in a different location, having to backtrack and find a different route entirely. She was starting to recognize the pattern, and was walking in what she thought was the right direction, but she could never be too sure. At some point Lone would always pop up and guide her.

"So this Lone guy..." Ruben whispered, not liking the silence of the caves, "Is he, like, really close to you or...?"

Pan knew what he was asking, and blushed slightly. "No, he's just a friend. He wouldn't even call me such, as he has to keep neutral between me and-" She stopped, listening. There was a a strange thudding sound from down the corridor, getting louder. Suddenly a small green shape bounded round the corner and skidded to a halt in front of them. It was a small dinosaur-like creature, with a small gem in it's jaws.

"Isn't that...?"

"Teepup!"

Ruben and Pan looked up as a bedraggled man rounded the corner panting, pulling his scarf away from his face to get his breath back quicker. "Sorry, Pan, I was trying to catch this little guy."

"He's yours?" Pan asked, shocked. Ruben bounced onto her shoulder, curious.

"Oh, uh, yeah I guess." He shrugged, before reaching down and picking the little guy up. "Drop it." He ordered, but the Teepup refused, clenching tighter. Lone sighed, and put him under one arm, "Come on Pan, base is this way today."
    Hiiragi Wasabi
    Lunar Knight

Yogpet Statistics Card
    Yogpet Name: Reaper
    Blood-line: Sips
    Base Element type: Lunar

Post by Hiiragi Wasabi on Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:05 am

+3 more
    XD
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Lone's room was small and relatively empty, just a chest, a bed, a furnace and a crafting bench. To the unsuspecting eye, one would think he truly was poor, and traded information for items to live. To Pan, however, it was the biggest mystery she had ever encountered. Lone had many a time hinted at needing certain items for crafting, many of which he'd need advance machinery just to make it, which clued her in that he had more than he let on. That, and she often heard the slight hum of the machines in the distance when she was roaming the tunnels, searching for him.

"So, you have one too?" Pan asked as she followed behind him, setting herself down on his bed since there were no seats. Ruben joined her, and the Teepup followed him, curious.

"I'll cut to the point, since I know what you want to hear." Lone said simply, "Lalna, the famous Scientist from way off-" He waved a hand absently, "- created a multitude of beings called the Yogpets, and gave them to each of the inhabitants of the world as an experiment."

Pan pulled a face. Using animals as an experiment was sick, she couldn't stand it. She glanced at Ruben, petting him gently.

"Each egg has 3 possible.... outcomes, if you will." Lone went on, "Each has it's own element. Then, with the help of elemental stones each 'pup', as the stage is called, has it's own three possible outcomes of the same elements, so on and so forth."

"They... Change form?"

"Correct." Lone nodded. Suddenly he glared, and at first Pan didn't know why, until he leapt forwards and snatched at the little Teepup, who bounced away quickly to avoid getting caught.

"I'VE TOLD YOU A MILLION TIMES," He shouted, scrambling to get up, "MY BED IS NOT SOMETHING FOR YOU TO TEETH ON!"

Pan smirked, pulling Ruben onto her lap, watching the two 'argue' - or more, watching the Teepup poke it's tongue out at Lone and watching him get steadily angrier. All of a sudden it went quite, and Lone slumped to him knees with a sigh. The Teepup hopped over to him, snuggling under his hand.

"Why do i put up with you, eh?" He whispered, with a small smile - something Pan rarely saw him do any more.
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:08 pm

They didn't spend too long in Lone's home, exchanging all the information he was willing to share for her price. On the way home, Pan walked instead of taking the more athletic route home - she usually leapt from tree to tree - as Ruben dozed in her lowered hood. It was a route she rarely took, so she spent the time taking in the sights she hadn't seen in a long while - the vines that grew were swaying in the breeze, and the bushes were vibrant with colour from the recent rain, which had made the soil rich with nutrients.

The last thing she remembered was falling into a dark, black hole.

Pan opened her eyes to face a cold metal floor. She stayed still and silent, trying to think back to what happened while assessing her situation without alerting any hostiles. It wasn't hard to guess what had happened. From the air, it was easy to spot the hunter's pitfalls and various other traps, but from the ground they were a lot harder to spot, especially when you weren't actually looking where you were going. She listened to the approaching footsteps with a slight growl, rolling so she was sat up, nearly clacking her head on the bars above her head. The room was darker than she expected, so much so that she could barely see his eyes through the dark.

"Ion."

She saw his twisted grin, hearing him chuckle before he disappeared, walking away. She registered a soft whimper in the distance and tensed instantly.
    Ruben.
    Somewhere in the void before her, the hunter had Ruben.
    And, all of a sudden, Pan was scared.
    Pan
    Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card

Post by Pan on Wed May 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Being a Hunter it was no surprise that Ion left her but a cage she could barely sit up in, situated in a dark, damp place she didn't recognize. Pan cursed herself several times for her stupidity, he had never caught her off guard before, she had never given him the chance. Twisting so that she was on her knees - not easy in such a tight space - and began fiddling with the lock. Though she had never been IN one of these cages before, she'd dealt with a couple of them a long time ago when rescuing various animals from her Jungle. Though it took a fair amount of time, she heard a familiar click and grinned slyly. She pushed the door-

And yelped as the entire cage sparked with electricity.

In her shock, Pan bucked the cage and tumbled out onto the ground, shaking slightly from the voltage. it was a prevention mechanism, for smaller creatures should the cage open and they escape. Pan shook her head to get rid of the ringing in her ears, until she realised it wasn't in her ears.
    The cage was rigged to an alarm, giving her just minutes to find and rescue Ruben, and then get out.

Pan ran faster than she ever had, feeling her heart in her throat as she searched for her friend in the dark. She couldn't call out, lest she was heard, and was so glad that her shoes made her running silent - Something Ion still hadn't sussed out.

Ruben. Please be ok. Please.

Pan?

With a gasp she stopped, covering her mouth. Ruben rarely listened in on her mind, so it still shocked her, but he'd never before replied in her head. She stood still, glancing around.

I'm coming Ruben. Keep talking.

I'm scared, Pan. I'm really really scared.

She felt the fear in her chest as she followed the sound only they could hear.

It's going to be ok. I'm coming.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:14 pm