Freshman

Yogpet Statistics Card
    Yogpet Name: Ruben
    Blood-line: HybridPanda
    Base Element type: Mind

Pan's Challenge

Post by Pan on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:08 am

The Beginning:
    It fell from the sky like a shooting star, soaring through the heavens in a sudden flash of light. Deep down inside, I knew it was important, I knew it would mean a lot to me and that I would risk my life for it. For some reason, I never questioned why, never once thought ‘how could one meteor be so important to me for no reason?’. It didn’t matter. I just had instinct that you would be worth it.

I won’t lie, at first I was disappointed. I hadn’t known what to expect, but I was expecting something exciting, some sort of treasure. And I found you. You were just an egg, and to me that wasn’t very thrilling. But, really, I was curious. What had driven me to find you? What was so important about you that I felt the need to give up everything else I’d been working on.

Then, you hatched.

I would be the first thing you’d ever see.

And, in truth, that scared me.
    Bringing You Home:
    “Pan…pup?”

I stared down at the small creature curiously, tilting my head to get a better look. It copied, so I tilted the other way, which it copied again. It began to smile, flicking it’s ears in excitement, and I felt a soft smile encroach onto my own face. I slid my hood down, and looked to the sky, wondering where it’d come from.

What are you, little guy?

I felt it brush against my arm and looked down to see it practically in my lap, rubbing it’s cheek affectionately across my knee.

“Lil’ guy!”

I gasped and picked it up, looking it directly in the eyes.

You can HEAR me?

“Hear!”

I almost dropped it with shock, but pulled it close. So it could read my mind. I’d have to do research about that, but first I needed to get it home.

“Come on, let’s get you home.”

“Panpup~”

I grinned, and lifted it into my hood, where it could sit comfortably while I still had use of my arms. Traveling in this jungle-like forest was difficult when fully mobile, without having to hold onto a small animal in one hand.

It didn’t take too long for me to reach my tree house, and I set up a fence quickly so that the little thing wouldn’t fall off the edge of my viewing platform.

“Panpan!” It bounced around excitedly, investigating the various machines around my home - possibly not the safest of all environments for a pet but it didn’t look like too much of an idiot. I sat on the floor, legs crossed, to watch.

“I really need to think up a name for you, eh?” I said as it bounded up to me, a grin still plastered on it’s face.

“Name?”

I smiled. It was smart, learning fast. I pointed to myself, “My name is Pan.”

“Panpup!” It replied exitedly.

“No, just Pan.”

“Pan… pup?”

I sighed. Obviously this would take longer than I thought. And with similar names, it would be hell of a lot more difficult than I originally anticipated.
    Accidents Happen:
    I’d been slowly teaching it - which I was fairly sure was a he by now - how to talk, using various books to help him along. He was picking it up quick, able to have conversations I understood, and improvised when I didn’t. He was naturally quiet and listened closely, intent to learn everything it seemed.

“What’s… a…” He frowned, looking at the word in his book as I cooked some food, “M…Mother?”

I froze instantly. Painful memories, so bad they reduced me to tears everytime. The horror of my past I could never escape. I felt the tears welling up and clenched my jaw to stop them.

“Does that make you my Mother?” He looked at me innocently, “What was the word the kid used… Momma?”

“Don’t.”

I hadn’t realized how dark my words were going to sound, and composed myself, turning with a sad smile, my eyes still watery.

“J-Just…. Pan, ok?”

“O-ok.” He mumbled, returning to his book, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not your fault…” I sat behind him and pulled him into my lap for a hug. “Ruben.”

“Is that my name?”

“Yeah. I’ve been thinking about it for a while. I like it.”

He looked up at me for a moment, before snuggling in and closing his eyes, “I like it, too.”
    Hiiragi Wasabi
    Lunar Knight

Yogpet Statistics Card
    Yogpet Name: Reaper
    Blood-line: Sips
    Base Element type: Lunar

Re: Pan's Challenge

Post by Hiiragi Wasabi on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:13 am

You have gained +3 INTELLIGENCE for posting in this section!

Lovely!

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:16 pm